- Shopgirl, which still makes me cry almost every time I see it… and I actually have this reaction to 97% of the things I’ve seen Claire Danes in;
- All the Real Girls, which accurately captures the angst unique to growing up in a small town where relatively no one can see beyond the city limits;
- Proof… ah, a movie set in Chicago… but beyond that, oh, Gwyneth Paltrow does a bang-up job channeling the genius child of dysfunction;
- Garden State, because even though I don’t like how the Zach Braff character doesn’t get on the plane (I think he’ll always be sorry for not going back to California for at least a little bit!), wow!, would it be yummy to be the girl he doesn’t go back to California for;
- Year of the Dog, which should be mandated viewing for anyone new to the animal rights movement;
and I am sure there are tons others, but my brain is fried just a bit tonight, so I am going back to “working” while “watching” (yet again) Friends With Money.